Faultline Film Awards 2020
Here’s how this works:
• Submissions must be from local (Utah) filmmakers or be films about the outdoors in Utah.
• Submissions cannot be longer than 15 minutes.
• All submissions will be judged and approved by the Wasatch Magazine editorial staff and guest judges in the outdoor film industry.
• To submit a film it must be submitted via the Faultline Film Awards submission page on FilmFreeway.
• A film will be ineligible if the film has had any sort of public theatrical screening or the film is trademarked.
The legal jargon:
All materials (including but not limited to photo stills, text copy, and the submitted film) will be retained by the University of Utah on behalf of it’s Wasatch Magazine (“Wasatch Mag”) and Wasatch Mountain Arts (“WMA”) (together Wasatch Mag and WMA – “Organizers”) and will be used for various promotional purposes, including but not limited to local, national and international press and electronic media.
Organizers reserve the right to screen any and all entries at the awards show and future events, programing, marketing and to include the work in retrospective programs in future competitions.
Organizers may also use any and all submitted films for award shows, tour montages and independent screenings both online and offline.
Organizers will retain a copy of the film for the permanent library, along with all promotional materials.
The individual or corporation or individual submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold Organizers and all their affiliated organizations harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
By submitting the above-named film for entry in Faultline Film Awards you and all owners, employees and agents (including but not limited to, producers, directors and cinematographers) and entities (including, but not limited to, businesses, organizations and governments) having an interest in said film agree to be bound by the terms stated on this entry form.